Greens are exceptionally important in raw vegan diet. And kale is definitely one of the healthiest and delicious greens to use. Kale’s health benefits are endless, but just to mention a few:
- Kale is very high in iron – in fact, kale has more per calorie iron than beef. Iron is an extremely important element in blood building process and carrying oxygen, therefore being essential for our health;
- This green is super high in powerful anti-oxidants and vitamin K that are known to protect against various types of cancers;
- Being also high in Omega-3 fatty acids, kale works as a great anti-inflammatory source that helps fighting arthritis, asthma and auto-immune disorders;
- High levels of vitamins A and C in this leafy green help protect eye health, improve skin and maintain metabolism;
- With all that said, kale is also very low in calories, so while filling up with all the healthy vitamins and nutrients you won’t be gaining unwanted weight.
All this is making kale a truly miraculous food, that is why we should include it regularly in our meals.
Zucchini Noodles and Kale Salad
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 3 large kale leafs
- 4 tbsp marinara sauce