The delay in Pearson airport going back to Seattle was over 4 hours! And all that taking into account my flight was connecting, totaling 7 hours, so as a result I spent somewhat about 14 hrs hanging around airports. My mistake – didn’t get any raw snacks beforehand hoping for the timely flight. But if flying Delta – expect anything!
Of course airport food is far from the best, but even in a situation like this it’s quite possible to stay raw.
- If an airport restaurant does not have raw vegan salads, just ask them to make you a custom salad out of all raw ingredients they have.
- There’s always fruits like bananas, apples, oranges in airport stores.
- If you crave something pickled, like I often do, get packaged olives!
- Look for raw nut&seed mixes – they are there and often are quite expensive, but they’re high quality and raw, so very worth the money. Plus they will last you through the whole trip.
- Opt out for hot green or herbal tea instead of bottled water, as virtually all of that water contains antibiotics for extending shelf life. Don’t poison yourself.
In my case I went to a nearby Mexican place and asked them for a custom salad with all raw ingredients plus avocado. They charged me regular salad price and it was delicious!
Later I found carrots and celery in deli as well as Oloves <3 and ripe bananas.
Which was followed by raw seeds and nuts mix. Also I found these Anti-Oxident nuts, so this brand could probably help you as well against “oxidents” 😀