One of the things I made while testing out our Dehydrator. From time to time I crave stuffed mushrooms, and I have to say honestly dehydrated ones are very delicious as well, good replacement.
- 9 baby portobello mushrooms
- 4-5 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1-2 cloves garlic (but next time I would use less, because mushrooms worked out reaaaally garlic’y..so probably 1/2-1 average garlic cloves)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tbsp pecans (optional)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
- black pepper to taste (~1/2 tsp)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- water to mix
Pit the mushrooms, set aside caps. Chop up the nuts finely in food processor with S blade. Add rest of dry ingredients, then follow up with adding wet ingredients. Add mushroom stems and keep mixing. Once done, use spoon to fill up the mushroom caps. Place the stuffed mushrooms onto dehydrator sheets, no parchment paper is necessary in this case. Dehydrate below 40 Celsius for about 8 hours.
Good thing about dehydrator is when you’re “cooking” something, the house is filled up with delicious smells. But on the other hand it makes you so hungry, that it makes sense to right away prepare more of whatever stuff you’re making 🙂