Made this yesterday as I wanted to already start trying recipes with fresh sage from the garden. A pretty good and light snack, slightly resembles smoked salmon, you can reinforse the taste by adding more of the dried kelp and/or fresh sage leaves. This amount of ingredients would make enough mini tarts for 4 or 5 people.
Raw Vegan Smoked Salmon Tarts recipe
- 1 ½ cup walnuts or macadamia*
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 ½ medium tomato
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Salt and black peppers to taste
- 2-3 large leaves fresh sage
- 1 tbsp ground dried kelp.
* Walnuts taste is very strong in this mix, so if you would prefer other tastes to stand out more better use macadamia or cashews.
Mix all ingredients in a powerful blender, I use VitaMix. Add water as needed to create a thick paste. Serve on cucumber slices, letucce leaves or your favourite crackers, sprinkle with some sesame seeds, and I also like adding some kalamata olives. Really good as a quick snack!