Okay, I realize corn chips are not the healthiest food there is, but sometimes we all crave for some classic food. So this is my way of indulging without getting off veganism. Daiya “cheese” actually works perfect in nachos.
- Neil Brothers organic blue corn chips
- Neil Brothers salsa (I used medium)
- 1/8 medium red onion, chopped finely
- Vegan Daiya “cheese” (I find it’s best to use the cheddar version)
- If you want you can add some chili peppers and black olives, sliced
Preheat the oven to 205 degrees Celsius. In the meantime, on a baking sheet place aluminium foil, on top of it place one layer interlocking blue corn chips. On top of chips sprinkle some chopped onion, spread some guacamole, salsa and “cheese”. Then on top place another layer of interlocking blue corn chips, trying to cover everything, and then repeat adding onion, guacamole, salsa and “cheese” (and olives & chilis if you’re using them).
Place the baking sheet to the oven for about 10-15min. Check regularly, you can take it out once the “cheese” has melted.
After you take the nachos out of the oven, you can also add chopped lettuce and cucumbers on top. Enjoy!